On a rocky outcrop overlooking the Burgundy canal sits the Chateau de Chateauneuf and its village. The original keep dates to 1132. It was fortified with towers and a drawbridge in the 14th century during the 100 Years War and is one of the only remaining examples of 14th century Burgundian military architecture. It was remodeled and expanded in the 15th century in the flamboyant Gothic style by Philippe Pot, a member of the Order of the Golden Fleece. It remained in private hands until 1936 when it was donated to the state. The chateau and its village are protected historic monuments.